Time to get ready for the holiday season
Truth be told, I’ve never loved the shopping mall. Battling for parking, long lines, meh. This makes the mighty Amazon pretty appealing some days. But, consider this: shopping small local businesses is a better option than both! Shopping local small businesses has huge positive impacts both economically and environmentally. Check out Why Buying Local Is Worth Every Penny infographic – Shopping small generates 3.5 times more wealth for the local economy than frequenting large chain-stores.
To help you find something for every name on your list, we’ve compiled a list of great of Livermore small businesses that you should check out!
- Dom’s Outdoor Outfitters – A longtime local business to help you find all that you could need for your outdoorsy friends and family.
- Livermore Cyclery – My son’s first bike was purchased here, and it was a wonderful experience, finding just the right fit.
- Sunrise Mountain Sports – Gear for climbing, camping, kayaking, and more!
- Way Up Art & Frame – Custom Frames, ready made frames, and art supplies.
- In Between Stitches – In addition to Sewing and quilting supplies, classes are also available!
Decor and Gifts
- Main Street Designs – Another Livermore classic, filled with neat gifts and decor. Check out the holiday store too!
- Outside-In – Jewelry, garden, and home decor items.
- B Inspired Designs – Cute signs and furniture that you need to check out. The picture below is one of their re-claimed wood signs and is perfect for a military friend who is missing home! Find them in the 2nd street mall downtown.
- First Street Wine Company – Do a little wine tasting while you pick up a few gifts.
- Local Wineries – Don’t forget that wine makes a great gift, and so would a passport!
- Victorine Olive Oil – Organic, local olive oils, vinegar, soaps, & gift sets.
- The Olive Oil Pantry and Tasting Room – Olive Oils, Vinegar, and gourmet pantry items.
- Panama Bay Coffee Co. – When you are in for your next caffeine fix, grab a pound or two of freshly roasted beans for your coffee lovers.
Jewelry, Clothing, Beauty
- Caratti Jewelers – Family owned since 1950; you don’t stay in business that long without doing it right!
- Divine Boutique – Check this location for the newest trends in women’s fashion.
- Affinity for Beauty & Wellness Spa – One of my favorite Christmas gifts I’ve ever received was a massage and facial package here. Spoil the moms in your life, it will be so appreciated!
- Green Soap Bath Shoppe – No gunk! Cruelty free, organic, eco-certified, handcrafted soaps.
- Rustic Beauty – A Fun, Funky and Fashion Forward storefront!
- Cooleykatz Toys – Every cool, unique, and educational toy you could want.
- Fantasy Books & Games – Hey “boy moms” …. If your son was a superhero for Halloween this year, this one is for you!
- ABC Music Store – Great service and lessons from amazing teachers. They special ordered ukuleles for my boys a few years ago in the specific colors I wanted. Great experience with them!
- Galina’s Music Studio – Lessons are available from as young as 3.5 years old!
- Street Science Skate Shop – Skates, scooters, and lessons.
- Smooches Pooches Pet Boutique – Unique toys and treats, located conveniently downtown.