It’s no surprise that I would have a love for interior design and homes. Growing up, our house was always under construction. My parents were always adding on a room, painting something, you name it! Not a stone unturned! Us kids always joked that my mom was like the Winchester Mystery Lady in the sense that she never stopped transforming our home. In fact, even our yard was straight out of a Better Homes and Garden magazine.
Which is part of why I got into real estate. So today I’d like to share some of the latest trends I’ve been seeing. For those of you that love fixing up your home as much as I do, well then this list will seem all too familiar, but for those that are dreading the home makeover and all the choices that come with it. Here’s a little help:
- Flooring – Stunning Wood Look-a-Like Tiles in longer rectangular shapes.
- Kitchen and Bathrooms – All the Rage right now are longer rectangular tiles for the backsplash and shower enclosures called Subway Tiles and for the countertops – Beautiful neutral Quartz.
- Bathroom Vanities at the Standard 32” in height for the guest bathrooms making it a good height for kids, but going to greater heights in the Master Bathroom to what they’re calling the Comfort Height at 36” high.
- Paint – Have you heard of greige – a mix of greys and beige? Don’t say boring. Neutral can be a beautiful backdrop for all your bright accessories.
- Lighting fixtures – Think Drums! Beautiful circular fixtures in either a large singular design or multiple design like shown here. Featuring silver, brushed nickel, oil rubbed bronze and also making a comeback, antique brass accents.
And remember-Call me! You’re not a bother, I love helping out and not just when it comes to getting your home ready to sell. Not a do-it-yourselfer, I’ve got a long list of awesome local service providers! Just ask!